Meal Preparation Resource Information
PUBLISHED August 29, 2016
1. COOKING WITH CANCER.org (205 978-3570)
2. MEALS TO HEAL.org (888 721-1041)
These are two organizations that offer wonderful meal preparation, nutrition education, and more for cancer patients, as well as offering help for caregivers.
Both organizations have great websites to learn more about the services they offer.
Recipes are customized to address any of the following important phases of
a cancer journey from initial diagnosis to after treatment / maintenance:
Nausea, constipation, loss of appetite, fatigue, etc.
- Preparing for cancer treatment
- Mitigating side effects from cancer treatments – such as loss of taste,
- Foods to boost your immune system and reduce inflammation
- offer recipe videos, online recipes, e-books
- Offer customized nutrition counseling and meal planning
As I always stress: Take control of your nutrition to stay strong in the cancer journey. Enhance your response to cancer treatment - you have the power!