Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month: What You Need to Know
For Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space.
BY Jessica Skarzynski
PUBLISHED November 05, 2019
For Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space:
- A practice improvement project at the Mayo Clinic in conjunction with the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network helped to increase attention to family health history and identify those at risk for cancer.
- After losing her husband to colorectal cancer and her sister from pancreatic cancer, legendary broadcast journalist Katie Couric recently sat down with us to discuss how she moved past her grief.
- The phase 3 POLO trial is the first randomized study to establish a biomarker-driven approach in the treatment of metastatic pancreatic cancer. Get a closer look at this trial here.
- In a feature from our gastrointestinal cancers special issue, an expert sheds some light on emerging combination treatments for pancreatic cancer.
- Aptly known as the world’s toughest cancer, pancreatic cancer often delivers a feeling of hopelessness for patients and their families, with late detection further complicating matters. This update looks at what’s being done to fight it.