This week on #CURESummerSnacktime, we’ve got a recipe for Middle Eastern Yogurt Dip with Beets: a healthy, quick and easy snack that would be great to serve with baked pitas or vegetables!
If you’re trying to eat healthier, you don’t have to say goodbye to snacking. This summer, CURE®
is partnering with oncology dieticians from the John Theurer Cancer Center to offer you a new recipe each week that offers benefits for those going through cancer and its treatments.
This week, we’ve got a recipe for Middle Eastern Yogurt Dip with Beets: a healthy, quick and easy snack that would be great to serve with baked pitas or vegetables!
The basis of this dip is skyr, an Icelandic milk product similar to Greek yogurt that is naturally higher in protein and lower in sugar than other yogurt alternatives. And while they also bring a fun pink color to the dish, beets are also high in fiber, which can help with digestive health, and are a great source of powerful antioxidants.
If you’re heading to a summer barbeque or are just looking for a cool, savory dip alternative, give this yogurt dip a try — and be sure to share pictures on social media using the hashtag #CURESummerSnacktime!
Middle Eastern Yogurt Dip with Beets Recipe
Yogurt Dip Ingredients:
- 1 large beet (or equivalent) boiled or steamed until tender
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried mint
- 1 generous teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 24 ounces of plain 4% milkfat Siggi’s skyr yogurt
Yogurt Dip Instructions:
- Grate beets using the large holes of a box grater. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix olive oil, mint, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Let stand for five minutes.
- Add in the shredded beets, then fold in yogurt. Let rest for an hour prior to serving.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to three days.
- Serve with pita chips or raw vegetables.
Ready to try our other Summer Snacktime creations? Check out our recipes for Patriot Yogurt Pops
, Quinoa and Kale Cakes
and Coconut and Tropical Fruit Chia Pudding