Save the date! We invite you to join CURE for our next monthly #CureConnect Tweet Chat on Thursday, September 26, at 1 p.m. EST, when we plan on discussing living with cancer.
Each month, we host a #CUREConnect Tweet Chat to bring together patients with cancer, survivors, advocates, caregivers & treatment providers to promote collaboration within the community. The chats take place on Twitter on the last Thursday of every month, at 1 p.m. EST.
This month, we’re chatting about living with cancer and all that entails. During the chat, we'll be asking the following questions:
- Lasting Effects of Treatment: Part of living with cancer means dealing with the side effects – and lasting effects – of treatment. What effects do you live with, and how do you cope with them?
- Survivorship: Even after treatment has ended for patients, many are left still living with the effects of cancer long after treatment ends. How did you work with your care team to prepare for life after treatment?
- Remission – What Does It Mean? While living with cancer presents its own unique set of challenges, so too does hearing the “remission” or “no evidence of disease.” If you’ve heard this, what did it mean for you?
- Finding Support: Many patients have found that sharing their stories with others in similar situations can be a therapeutic way to work through their cancer experience. Have you ever visited a support group?
- Metastatic & Chronic Disease: Cancer is not always a one-and-done event. Living with metastatic disease or certain cancers that can be considered chronic (such as some types of blood cancers) can take a toll. How does it affect you?
Never participated in a Tweet Chat before? It’s simple!
How to Join a Tweet Chat:
- Log in to your Twitter account on the date and time of the chat and search for “#CureConnect” to find the conversation. You can also search for CURE Magazine and see the questions on our feed.
- Make sure you’re filtering your search results by “Latest” to see questions – and other participants’ answers! – in real time.
- Every few minutes, we’ll Tweet questions that we invite you to respond to using #CureConnect. You can also join the discussion by watching the hashtag to see other responses. See a response you want to add to? Reply with #CureConnect!
- Don’t forget to add #CureConnect to each response you share so others can see your tweets and chat with you too!
We'll see you on Twitter!