Read NCAN's highlights from 2021.
Effecting change in the world of non-profit requires equal parts passion, dedication, and putting in relentless hours. For the past 18 years we, at the Neuroendocrine Cancer Network (NCAN), have been busy making a difference by:
• RAISING AWARENESS OF NEUROENDOCRINE CANCER
• SUPPORTING THOSE WITH NETs ALONG WITH THEIR CAREGIVERS
• FUNDING NET RESEARCH
This past year, we mailed out more than 1500 free information packets, returned countless emails, and answered over 2,200 calls to our hotline, which is manned from 9AM to 9PM every day of the year by a patient or a caregiver. You see, it matters that the person answering a hotline call has first-hand knowledge of NET cancer.
And we couldn’t do any of it without you.
• Since Q3 of 2020: NCAN held 8 virtual conferences, where 30 EXTRAORDINARY NET specialists spoke to an aggregate of 1000+ patients/caregivers in the audience.
• NCAN held 2 in-person galas where an EXTRAORDINARY group of patients, medical professionals, advocates and other friends of NCAN mobilized to support NCAN’s programs and to celebrate how their efforts and donations impacted NET patients.
• Dozens of live, as well as virtual chapter support group meetings were run by an EXTRAORDINARY group of NCAN Chapter Leaders across the country.
• Since Q4 2020: NCAN held 4 Support Group Leadership Seminars which helped bring these EXTRAORDINARY volunteers more information to help them continue support others with NETs.
• NCAN Participation in surveys, studies and NET research. In fact, with the help of EXTRAORDINARY donor support, NCAN has committed $80K to the research of Neuroendocrine Carcinoma.
• A Volleyball Game NET Awareness Fundraiser, held by some EXTRAORDINARY people at Dakota Ridge High School in Colorado in honor of one of their own.
• The annual “Strides for Stripes” Zebra Walk had over 225 participants who recruited an EXTRAORDINARY 560 sponsors, thus beating our $50,000 fundraising goal by about $10,000 and flooding social media with NET cancer day photos.
• National conference will be held on NET Cancer day. We have a few surprises in store for everyone attending. Registration will open in February!
• Starting in January we will be holding a series of 4 Virtual NET Patient programs in Spanish.
• Virtual Chapter meetings every 2nd Saturday (in different time zones), for those who cannot get to a local support group meeting. Check the website for details.
• We will continue to have our many NCAN State and NCAN National FaceBook Support pages. If you are not sure how to find them check out our website under links.
Remember that NCAN is always just a phone call away and that we are the only NET Foundation that has a patient or a caregiver that answers the phone 365 days a year 9 am to 9 pm ET. 866-850-9555