2021 Poetry Contest
A cancer diagnosis can transform a person’s life in an instant, and often, patients, caregivers and survivors turn to art for peace and healing. We invite you to submit your poem(s) for the 2021 Poetry Contest now through August 15 for a chance to be featured in the Fall 2021 Issue of CURE® Magazine. All poetry submissions will be posted below upon receiving.
To be considered for the contest, please follow these directions:
• Send your submission to email@example.com by August 15 as an attachment in a Word document and include "Poetry Contest" in the subject line.
• Document should include your name, title of poem, poem, and a short explanation of why you submitted your work and how it relates to your cancer experience.
• Poet can submit more than one poem but will only win for one piece if selected.
• The poem(s) must be submitted by, and attributed to, its creator(s).
Four winners will be selected by a committee of CURE® staff members. Winners to be announced by August 30. Take a look below for inspiration!
Share Your Story Submissions
There are so many questions that come with a cancer diagnosis — questions about treatment, side effects, caregiving, survivorship and more.
Your stories help us achieve our mission of combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable.
To share your story, submit it via a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to have your story highlighted here, and please be sure to include "Share Your Story" in the subject line.
CURE® accepts submissions of personal essays from readers relating to their own cancer experience. Submission of your work to CURE® does not guarantee publication. CURE® does not offer compensation for general submissions.
• Consist of 500-800 words.
• Be submitted to email@example.com as an attachment in a Word document.
• Consist of original work created entirely by you and of which all rights belong to you. The work should not have been published elsewhere or currently submitted elsewhere.
• Not violate any person or entity’s copyright, trademark, or right of privacy or any other right.
CURE® reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity, content, and length and in accordance with CURE®’s style guide and standards. By submitting your work to CURE®, you acknowledge that the ownership of the copyright rights in any edited version belong to CURE® as an original creation of a derivative work. You also acknowledge that if you submit work elsewhere, you will not have the right to use CURE®’s edited version without CURE®’s prior written permission.