Save the date! We invite you to join CURE for our next monthly #CureConnect Tweet Chat on Wednesday, January 29, at 1 p.m. EST, when we plan on discussing cancer survivorship.
Save the date! We invite you to join CURE for our first #CureConnect Tweet Chat of 2020 on Wednesday, January 29, at 1 p.m. EST, when we plan on discussing cancer survivorship.
Each month, we host a #CUREConnect Tweet Chat to bring together patients with cancer, survivors, advocates, caregivers & treatment providers to promote collaboration within the community. The chats take place on Twitter the last week of every month, and this month, we’re chatting about cancer survivorship and all it entails.
During the chat, we'll be asking the following questions:
- Survivor’s Guilt - Often referred to as “the secret burden of cancer survivorship,” survivor’s guilt is something many experience. If you have gone through this, how have you coped with it?
- Cancer-Related Fatigue - Cancer-related fatigue is different from the day-to-day feeling of being tired that many people experience, and can often linger after treatment ends. Have you experienced cancer-related fatigue?
- Fear of Recurrence - While “scanxiety” comes with its own set of challenges, so too does life after being told you have no evidence of disease or are in remission. Has the fear of recurrence ever impacted your day-to-day life? How do you manage it?
- Support - When a person moves out of their active treatment phase and begins the shift to life after cancer, many unanswered questions lie ahead. What support resources have you relied on to help make the transition?
- Advice for Others - Cancer changes everything, even long after treatment, and can often provide life lessons that many find value in. What tips and tricks do you have for others who may be dealing with a new diagnosis?
Never participated in a Tweet Chat before? It’s simple!
How to Join a Tweet Chat:
- Log in to your Twitter account on the date and time of the chat and search for “#CureConnect” to find the conversation. You can also search for CURE Magazine and see the questions on our feed.
- Make sure you’re filtering your search results by “Latest” to see questions – and other participants’ answers! – in real time.
- Every few minutes, we’ll Tweet questions that we invite you to respond to using #CureConnect. You can also join the discussion by watching the hashtag to see other responses. See a response you want to add to? Reply with #CureConnect!
- Don’t forget to add #CureConnect to each response you share so others can see your tweets and chat with you too!
We'll see you on Twitter!