For World Cancer Day, here are 6 hot topics in the cancer landscape making an impact for patients and caregivers alike.
- A nurse practitioner explains why it is key for patients with lung cancer being treated with immunotherapy to be aware of the treatment’s potential side effects.
- Recent study findings showed that cervical cancer screening rates declined between ages 45 and 65, even as experts advise that women be screened throughout their lifetime.
- A brief, multimodal psychosocial intervention for caregivers of patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation could improve their quality of life, caregiving burden and anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Racial and ethnic disparities have long been a part of the early detection of breast cancer in women, but a new study finds that these disparities are also connected by a patient’s insurance coverage.
- Patients with multiple myeloma have a lot to look forward to in the treatment space thanks to precision medicine, but one treatment option alone will not cure the disease.
- Researchers found that combining family history and genetic risk scores to determine inherited risk for prostate cancer could personalize screening strategies for men.