For Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space:
- After it produced a 75% overall response rate across a range of tumor types, including thyroid cancer, Vitrakvi was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of patients with NTRK fusions.
- Instead of undergoing surgery for potential cancer, many people with thyroid nodules can safely opt for surveillance.
- One patient shared her story about why she thinks her thyroid cancer diagnosis happened for a reason.
- For Nicole McGuinness, timing was everything when a friend told her a surgeon from nearly 500 miles away was looking for her after spotting a lump on her neck that turned out to be thyroid cancer — when he saw her on the HGTV show “Beachfront Bargain Hunt.”
- The first anaplastic thyroid cancer drug in 50 years was approved earlier this year — learn more about it in this roundup of the biggest rare cancer updates from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.