With summer in full swing, it’s time to host a get-together. Impress your guests with a fresh summer salsa and a salad with a twist. What about dessert? Don’t worry — this one is guilt-free.
RECIPE FROM: The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
1. Wash and pat dry peaches, tomatoes, jalapeño, limes and cilantro.
2. Remove pits from peaches, then chop peaches and tomatoes.
3. Mince onion, jalapeño and cilantro.
4. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
5. Transfer to container or glass jar and refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer to allow flavors to combine.
6. When ready to serve, peel and cut jicama root into thin slices, squeeze lime over jicama root and serve with salsa.
RECIPE FROM: Institute for Integrative Nutrition
1. Combine onion, jalapeno, lemon juice and lime juice in a large salad bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients, mix and serve right away. This will keep in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
RECIPE FROM: Texanerin Baking Website
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
NOTE: This recipe uses refined coconut oil, which has no coconut taste.
If you use unrefined coconut oil, the topping may have a mild coconut taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease two 4.5-inch or 5-inch mini pie dishes. If you don’t have mini pie dishes, use ramekins (about 4).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all the topping ingredients. Set aside.
3. In another medium mixing bowl, stir together the filling ingredients except the blueberries. When well combined, gently stir in the blueberries and coat in the liquid mixture.
4. Divide the blueberry mixture between the baking dishes. Depending on the size of your dishes, the blueberries may rise well over the top of the dish edge. That is fine — the blueberries will cook down.
5. Distribute the topping evenly over the blueberries.
6. Place the dishes on a baking sheet to catch any spills.
7. Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until the topping is firm and the blueberries are bubbling.
8. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
For more news on cancer updates, research and education, don’t forget to subscribe to CURE®’s newsletters here.