© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and CURE - Oncology & Cancer News for Patients & Caregivers. All rights reserved.
I'm sure you've heard of the More Birthdays campaign from the American Cancer Society. We've blogged on it, including a video of Ricky Martin crooning the birthday song on his bongos (Do cancer survivors celebrate birthdays differently?). Earlier this summer, the ACS launched a grassroots Create More Birthdays Contest that asked individuals to upload videos of them singing the song or original artwork that has inspired them to celebrate a world with less cancer. The non-profit has received more than 100 "Happy Birthday" videos and pieces of art. The top 12 finalists have now been announced, results came from public online votes and the contest's official judges. The grand prize winners will be selected by a final online poll that ends on Aug 22. Winners will be featured on the morebirthdays.com website with Ricky Martin and other music artists and have their artwork featured in an exclusive card collection.Each person who votes is also entered into a sweepstakes for a More Birthdays gift pack, which includes "More Birthdays" gift wrap, posters, limited-edition prints and birthday cards. You can view and vote for the videos and artwork of the top dozen at my.morebirthdays.com. I have to admit that the CURE staff fiddled with the idea of creating its own Happy Birthday video, but we decided to leave it to the professionals--You!From the ACS, here is the list of finalists:MUSIC• Jessi sings "Happy Birthday" (by Jessi Hardin)
• Happy Birthday on Lap Steel (by Greg Vorobiov)
• Happy Birthday to Me! (by Jeri Lyn Baker)
• Happy Birthday! :3 (by Mari-Ann Bui)
• Survivor (by Jennifer Taylor)
• Happy Birthday (by Shannon Eileen Bachmann) ART:• Sing (by Amy Turner)
• More Birthdays Because of Women's Screen (by Marilyn Brown)
• 11 Million Wishes (by Sam Mendez)
• Innocence (by Sylwia Baran)
• Relay For A Cure (by Johnny Gene Wilson)
• into dreams (by Faun Donald) So, who are your favorites?