The Partnership to Reduce Cancer in Rhode Island is a passionate group of survivors, caregivers, health care providers, and advocates who are committed to improving cancer prevention, treatment, and quality of life in survivorship for all Rhode Islanders.
- Works to bridge the gaps in the cancer care system by forming partnerships and fostering collaboration
- Values strong leadership in engaging its many dedicated members in cooperative, mission driven work to improve cancer survivorship within our state
- Works to improve the quality of care and the possibility of earlier detection in order to assure survivors of better outcomes
Members work collaboratively to:
- Educate and advocate on cancer issues
- Increase early detection and prevention of cancer by promoting screening and evidence-based risk reduction and health promotion programs
- Ensure Rhode Islanders have access to excellent care, treatment, and support services
- Implement policy, systems, and environmental change interventions to guide sustainable cancer control
The 13th annual Rhode Island Cancer Summit will host three keynote speakers who plan to focus on gynecologic cancers and cancer in the LGBTQ community.