Each month, we take a look back at the most popular CURE® stories. Here are the top five stories for May 2020.
Each month, we take a look back at the most popular CURE®
stories. Here are the top five stories for May 2020.
5. FDA's Approval of Zejula Offers Patients with High-Grade Ovarian Cancer a Maintenance Therapy Option
A gynecologic oncology expert explains how
the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) recent approval of Zejula (niraparib) for the frontline maintenance treatment of adults with advanced epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer who are in complete or partial response to first-line platinum-based chemotherapy is exciting news for patients.
4. Cancer Survivors Are Equipped to Handle Quarantine
COVID-19 has forced many people into a “new normal” that they aren’t familiar with and may not be equipped to handle. But in this video interview
, one patient explains how cancer survivors are more prepared than most to handle the ramifications of the pandemic.
3. How to Determine if a Nutritional Supplement is a Detriment for a Patient with Cancer
Vitamins, herbal medicines and other nutritional products may be more harmful than helpful to individuals with cancer
. Learn more about why you should check with an expert before taking them.
2. How COVID-19 Affected Getting My Cancer Diagnosis
In this firsthand testimony, a newly diagnosed patient talks about her experience of being diagnosed with breast cancer amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
1. Dick Vitale: Working Toward Victory Over Pediatric Cancer
In this episode of the “CURE
Talks Cancer” podcast, we spoke with ESPN broadcaster Dick Vitale
on his passion as a longtime champion to achieve victory over cancer.
Thank you for reading!