For Liver Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space:
- As immunotherapies emerge in the treatment of liver cancer, experts examine whether two or more is better than one.
- Taking aspirin was found to improve liver function and extend survival among patients with hepatocellular carcinoma — the most common primary liver cancer.
- Researchers have found a biomarker that may help to determine which patients with hepatocellular carcinoma will respond to treatment with Nexavar, leading to more individualized treatment options.
- The president and founder of Blue Faery: The Adrienne Wilson Liver Cancer Association discussed new initiatives and what’s on the horizon in the treatment of liver cancer.
- While advances have been made in the treatment landscape of hepatocellular carcinoma, researchers are now looking into the optimal sequence for which patients should be treated.