Each week on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, CURE® asks its readers to share their thoughts with the #CureConnect discussion question.
This past week, in honor of Thanksgiving, we asked our readers: “What are you most thankful for this holiday season?”
Here’s what some of our readers shared:
- “Being blessed to wake up to see another beautiful day.” – L.W.
- “Remission (knock on wood). Both kids called within 30 minutes of each other; Skyped with granddaughter; did thankfulness Zoom program with Gilda’s Club.” – R.C.
- “That my daughter will have this Christmas with no treatment waiting in the wings.” – D.L.
- “Being cancer free for 35 years.” – R.S.
- “I am still alive, and I have an amazing daughter, son-in-law and four grandchildren that I love and that love me.” – R.B.
- Being cancer free three years after stage 4 triple-negative breast cancer. Also, publishing my book to give others hope.” – B.B.
- “My husband’s health.” – A.R.-R.
- “That no one in my family has had COVID, and the ones that did had a mild case. I’m thankful that I am still able to work as a bedside nurse six and a half years post cancer treatment.” – J.W.F.
For more news on cancer updates, research and education, don’t forget to subscribe to CURE®’s newsletters here.