We're continuing the CURE Recipe Swap by sharing reader Susan D.’s Chocolate Tofu Pudding. This four-ingredient dessert is not just a creamy treat but is also a good source of protein thanks to the inclusion of tofu.
Cancer can sometimes cause eating problems. Treatment-related issues such as loss of appetite, taste changes and more can all make even a simple meal difficult to enjoy.
We recently invited CURE readers to share their favorite recipes that helped them through treatment and beyond, as part of the CURE Recipe Swap. After sharing the first recipe last week for Shiitake Mushrooms and Kale Over Smashed White Beans, we’re keeping the swap going by sharing reader Susan D.’s Chocolate Tofu Pudding. This four-ingredient dessert is not just a creamy treat but is also a good source of protein thanks to the inclusion of tofu.
Give it a try today!
Chocolate Tofu Pudding
- 2 - 12 ounce packages extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate or carob chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt chocolate chips with water.
- Thoroughly process tofu in food processor.
- Add chocolate chip and vanilla to tofu and blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Top with optional fruit if desired and enjoy!
Note: You can also substitute the water in this recipe with orange juice.