Lung Cancer Awareness Month: What You Need to Know
For Lung Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space.
BY Jessica Skarzynski
PUBLISHED November 11, 2019
For Lung Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space:
- A recent survey found that lung cancer stigma can be a barrier to treatment; however, on the plus side, the percentage of people who associate the disease with smoking has dropped in recent years.
- Here, we break down the results of the phase 3 FLAURA study, where first-line Tagrisso was found to significantly extend overall survival compared with first generation EGFR-TKIs in some patients with non–small cell lung cancer.
- The American Lung Association’s chief medical officer discusses e-cigarette use and answers common questions surrounding this increasing epidemic.
- In this feature story from our summer issue, learn more about how collecting data about cancer through patient registries can help experts detect trends and patterns, leading to better care for patients.
- Genomic testing has transformed the therapeutic landscape of lung cancer in recent years, but there is still room for improvement, says one expert.