Prostate Cancer Awareness Month: What You Need to Know
For Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space.
BY Jessica Skarzynski
PUBLISHED September 23, 2019
For Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space:
- Following the Food and Drug Administration’s recent approval of Nubeqa (darolutamide), men with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer now have an earlier more precise treatment option.
- Newly diagnosed? This piece gathers the best advice about prostate cancer from the men and families who have already gone through it.
- Men with advanced prostate cancer may benefit from genomic testing as BRCA and other gene mutations play a bigger role in guiding treatment.
- After taking up running at age 63, Andy Steinfeldt was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years later. But he didn’t let it slow him down. Listen to our podcast interview with Andy, who looks at cancer “as a motivation rather than a destination."
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation recently announced a host of new free resources for patients and their families to ensure they can make the best treatment choices.