If you’re tired of throwing out overripe, brown bananas, this simple and delicious recipe for banana oatmeal muffins from the oncology dietitians at the John Theurer Cancer Center will put them to good use.
Loaded with fiber and easy to throw together with items you already likely have in your pantry, these muffins are a perfect ‘grab and go’ snack or addition to any meal. Making a double batch? These freeze well too, simply store in an airtight container and remove 24 hours prior to eating.
Give them a try this week and share your creations on social media with the hashtag #CookingWithCURE!
Banana Oatmeal Muffin Recipe
Makes: 6 muffins
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup ground oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine banana, egg, sugar and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Add in flour, ground oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 muffin tins.
- Top with oatmeal.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.