Save the date! We invite you to join CURE for our next monthly #CureConnect Tweet Chat on Thursday, October 31, at 1 p.m. EST, when we plan on discussing coping with cancer.
Save the date! We invite you to join CURE for our next monthly #CureConnect Tweet Chat on Thursday, October 31, at 1 p.m. EST, when we plan on discussing the things we do to cope with cancer.
Each month, we host a #CureConnect Tweet Chat to bring together patients with cancer, survivors, advocates, caregivers & treatment providers to promote collaboration within the community. The chats take place on Twitter on the last Thursday of every month, at 1 p.m. EST.
This month, we’re chatting about the various ways to cope with cancer, from leaning on others who have walked the road of cancer before to seeking professional help. During the chat, we'll be asking the following questions:
- Support Groups: The experience of living with cancer can be isolating. Have you ever sought help from a support group or connected with others going through a similar journey to help cope?
- Giving Back: Some individuals have found the silver lining of their cancer experience by giving back to the cancer community in some way, such as volunteering or fundraising for research. Is this something that interests you?
- Hobbies: Many of those who have lived with cancer find joy in hobbies, both old and new. What have you done to get your mind off treatment?
- Lifestyle Changes: Lifestyle changes are often cited as important for individuals with cancer who are looking for ways to feel in control of their disease. Did your experience change your relationship with food and exercise?
- Supportive Care: Sometimes, coping with cancer can be too much, and professional help in the form of supportive care is needed. Have you ever taken advantage of supportive care services?
Never participated in a Tweet Chat before? It’s simple!
How to Join a Tweet Chat:
- Log in to your Twitter account on the date and time of the chat and search for “#CureConnect” to find the conversation. You can also search for CURE Magazine and see the questions on our feed.
- Make sure you’re filtering your search results by “Latest” to see questions – and other participants’ answers! – in real time.
- Every few minutes, we’ll Tweet questions that we invite you to respond to using #CureConnect. You can also join the discussion by watching the hashtag to see other responses. See a response you want to add to? Reply with #CureConnect!
- Don’t forget to add #CureConnect to each response you share so others can see your tweets and chat with you too!
We'll see you on Twitter!