Stomach Cancer Awareness Month: What You Need to Know
November is Stomach Cancer Awareness Month. Here's a round up of the latest news and updates in this disease space.
BY Jessica Skarzynski
PUBLISHED November 18, 2019
For Stomach Cancer Awareness Month, here’s a round-up of the latest news and updates in this disease space:
- After turning to Debbie’s Dream, one woman shares how receiving support from fellow caregivers of loved ones with stomach cancer led to her to call on home health nurses throughout her husband’s journey.
- Back in June, the Food and Drug Administration approved Kanjinti, a biosimilar to the US-licensed Herceptin, which is currently used to treat HER2 overexpressing metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma.
- In this story from our spring issue, we look at how emerging facts about the genetics that drive gastric cancer are leading to new treatments for the disease.
- Overall survival in metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancer improved significantly in patients who received the oral combination chemotherapy Lonsurf regardless of whether they’d had a gastrectomy.
- This piece looks at why there’s a greater responsibility than ever to understand gastric cancer, its causes and its treatments.
"Stomach Cancer Awareness Month" used with permission from No Stomach for Cancer